Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Get over it

For me, this is easier said than done. My mind never learned how to let go of things. I hold onto it like a rabid pit bull with a bone. Logically I know that it's foolish and is detrimental to me (and often to my husband), but emotionally I can't force myself to forget it.

I think that sometimes God sends you messages in a way that only you notice when He wants to keep it low key. Somebody REALLY frustrated me today and I couldn't let it go, and within an hour a friend told me about a philosophy she learned that reminds you that whatever somebody does or says about you is really all about them and not anything to do about you. I know this message is meant to remind me to work harder at changing this. I also know that each time that memory riles me up, I'll also remember the message and force myself to simmer.

We are all a work in progress. We'd all be a little kinder to ourselves if we could remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did somebody say cake?! Oh sorry, what were you saying?