Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Venom

Spit fire and vinegar. I've had a lot of venom in my veins this week. I think it's something about the post-vacation blues. No housekeeper preparing for my arrival at home. The mess we left in the tornadic wake of packing a week of clothing into a carry-on bag was still waiting when I got home. The pile for goodwill, the stack of crap to sell on craigslist, the funk in our garbage disposal... all still there. They seem smug, gloating that they stood their ground and waited me out. I came back to them.

The worst was the to-do lists. To leave for vacation, I put in some serious hours at work, which meant that everything other than food and shelter necessities went by the wayside in my home life. Of course much of the time at home before I crashed into bed to do it all again the next day was spent feeling guilty and indignant with myself about how I needed to stop all that and find a way to manage things via miraculous intervention so I could always keep it to 8 hrs a day.


In other news, I just caught myself singing along to half a line of that Miley Cyrus song. Don't judge me. I stopped as soon as I realized it! My husband then accidentally flipped to the reggae-sung-by-white-boys channel. Between the two, I'd go with Miley.

Because husband questioned my reasons, profuse hyperlinking can be attributed to Tony's teachings. As if you really had to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did somebody say cake?! Oh sorry, what were you saying?