Monday, July 27, 2009

New attitude

The weekend was good for me. Today was refreshing for a Monday. While the weekend flew by, I crammed a little goodness into the last little bit of it and was able to feel rested and calmed by it by the time my alarm squawked this morning.

Today was actually a good Monday. I wouldn't have always believed such a thing could exist. Plus you cannot exactly beat how I was greeted when I got home from work today. Kitchen was cleaner than when I left this morning. The mysterious garbage disposal funk was simmering away after being boiled. Hubby had music on and was in a pretty happy mood. Going totally old school back to the college dorm days, we listened to music while lying on the floor. We laughed, we talked, we made out, life is good. Sometimes those unexpected little moments are the ones you wouldn't trade for the world. We were eventually caught by the dog when I thought it would be fun to throw her chew toy against the wall to see if it was bouncy rubber or dense rubber. It was dense rubber, but she apparently recognized the noise and ran over to tackle us. Now I think we might get to listen to rain as we sleep. This is the kind of thing that makes your day. Yay for a good Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did somebody say cake?! Oh sorry, what were you saying?