Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Out late on a school night

I felt like a kid again tonight. We went out to dinner tonight and decided to treat ourselves to ice cream for dessert on our way home. We endured a particularly excruciating tirade from my in-laws about politics. Meanwhile, I day dreamed of having a gun or other device to end my life so the torture would end. Seriously, at that point I would have signed up for some Chinese water torture followed by the bamboo stake manicure.

So anyway, we get ice cream at the little neighborhood place that is usually just visited by the elderly who want to "splurge" or the young and bratty. Lo and behold, my parents' old neighbors (who are old as in no-longer living next door and also elderly) were there eating ice cream with their buds. The man always made me a little uncomfortable, so we dodged them and finished our ice cream where we were least likely to get noticed. I felt like that sneaky teenager again, hoping we didn't get busted by the neighbors as we snuck in after curfew... or snuck out for more privacy for a long drawn-out goodnight. Ah memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did somebody say cake?! Oh sorry, what were you saying?