Friday, August 14, 2009

Beauty

Beauty isn't everything. But at that same time, it can be pretty important. You can't deny that beautiful people have an edge. And as much as I enjoy being a laid back girl, I do realize that I enjoy the comforts afforded to those who are beautiful. As such, I try to maintain the God-given beauty that was gifted to me.

In reality, I think that's mostly a girl thing. We want to maintain the looks we have for as long as we can. We use anti-aging this and that, we find the perfect outfit, we practice a good hairdo for our changing styles... we're not about to just hop out of bed and "wing it."

So the other night I used the at-home chemical peel, an AHA peel. Then I applied the retinol cream. Of course I had to top that off with a moisturizer to calm some of the fire that I'd just started in the cells of my skin. I like to think they were shocked into a state of actually spinning backwards fast enough to stop aging. Done regularly enough that should actually stop my face from aging, right? I can look late-twenty to early-thirty something for the rest of my life. (Yeah right!) As long as I don't look like I'm aging prematurely, I guess we'll call it even.

I try to get into working out. I try regularly to get into working out, but I can never stick with liking it (aka, gritting my teeth through it) long enough to make much impact. I love to eat healthy, except for my sweet tooth. I've had protein smoothies for breakfast, fruits and veggies without meat for dinner. My downfall is that I don't cook, though, so I have to rely on my beer belly husband for sustenance. Maybe one day I'll be able to move past the one-woman show of face wash and cream to keep my youthful appearance and stick with one of the many other options available.

In the mean time, I'll do my favorite beauty regimen of all... beauty sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did somebody say cake?! Oh sorry, what were you saying?