Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Of budgets and dogs.

Doing the budget makes me sad. You have a couple lines where you have money coming in, and hundreds where all the money went right back out. They say that keeping a budget helps you save. Is it because you get tired of writing every damn expense down so you say screw it?

We safely made it through the whole ordeal without the dog destroying a single receipt, though, so that was an accomplishment.

Speaking of my dog, she is not sitting in my lap, trying to distract me from the task at hand. She reminds me of the triceratops that I used to draw in elementary school when we learned about dinosaurs. All those dinosaurs kind of looked like dogs anyway at that age, and everything I drew had a big smiley face. She's grinning up at me, hoping to charm me into giving her some attention and really reminds me of a bad kid's drawing.

She obviously distracted me on some level, but not on the one she was hoping.

My evening reading before bed had me rolling with laughter. I highly recommend you check out You Suck at Craigslist when you need a reminder that common sense and IQ really were upgrades that not everyone received.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog, could you check out our Cup Cake toppers at http://MissTiara.etsy.com? Someone told me they were so cute they squealed and then asked not to tell anyone. Now how can I not tell anyone? Its such a funny sort of compliment right? WEll I think I should post on your blog a link too as well. The biz email is MissTiara@Q.com.

    ReplyDelete

Did somebody say cake?! Oh sorry, what were you saying?