Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cake Days

Cake days are good days. Sometimes they involve real cake. Those are the best, most authentic cake days. Sometimes, they're just good days. Icing on the cake of life, if you will. I'm fairly liberal with my definition of a cake day because I'm pretty optimistic... a Tigger, bouncy and hyper basically.

So today-- I woke up late for work, I wore cute clothes because we were supposed to schmooze and then we ran out of time for it, two of my coworkers became sick and I worried about them (still obviously worse for them than for me), I had two unplanned meetings, worked so nonstop that I didn't get to eat lunch, and came home to discover that the stupid flying insects that have invaded our garage are still there despite pleas to my husband to kill them all, and they still like to swarm me as a scare tactic. But do you know why today is good? There is rich, luscious, chocolate birthday cake with generous icing awaiting my hungry tummy. Life is suddenly so much sweeter. Yes, for all the punsters out there, it is literally sweeter with the cake and icing, that wasn't lost on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did somebody say cake?! Oh sorry, what were you saying?